Techgage.com

Techgage.com (http://forums.techgage.com/index.php)
-   Site and Forum Comments & Issues (http://forums.techgage.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   NZXT Contest Thread (http://forums.techgage.com/showthread.php?t=1053)

Rob Williams 08-31-2006 11:21 PM

NZXT Contest Thread

3 Attachment(s)
The winner is ebolamonkey! Ebola has already been contacted and the stuff is en route.

Stay tuned for the next contest ;-)

Time for another contest... this time brought to you by NZXT. If you don't know who they are, you certainly don't read our site much ;)

The contest is extremely easy to enter... all you need to do is sign up for the forums and make a post in this thread, and a comment towards NZXT. Tis all... not make 50 posts, not 100. 1... in this thread. Of course, you are more than welcome to stick around as we would love to get the forums more active.

What can you win?

There are three prizes to be won, but they are all going to the same lucky person as part of a pack. The prizes include:

Apollo case in your choice of color: Link
Precise PSU 550W: Link
Sentry 1 frontbay panel: Link

Rules

Simply sign up and post in this thread anytime before Friday Sept 19 at midnight.
Contest is open to anyone in North America. Sorry, no overseas this time :(
Techgage staff cannot enter. They have my undying love... they are the real winners.

Tell NZXT what you think... what would you like to see from them? Or what would you like to see them improve? They are open for all comments and suggestions.

Good luck to all who enter :techgage:

madmat 08-31-2006 11:25 PM

Another sweet contest for all the good folks that inhabit and lurk in our forums. Get in on it guys and gals!

Greg King 09-01-2006 01:18 AM

Ooh! Can I apply??????QUESTION?MARK???

bigapl 09-01-2006 07:13 AM

I want in on some GREAT NZXT schwag!!

T-Shirt 09-01-2006 08:38 AM

Abandon all hope, thee who enter here, for I shall win;)

To NZXT
you might want to edit the description page for the PSU, the last line says
"Ext. ports: 2 x usb 2.0, mic, firewire 1394 and headphone jack "
(I never seen that on a PSU, but they come up with new stuff all the time.:rolleyes: )

sbrehm72255 09-01-2006 08:58 AM

Nice contest with some great prizes................;)

I want to play...........:)

Rob Williams 09-01-2006 10:50 AM

Please remember to offer up some advice to NZXT to give them ideas on what to do to please you.

Shut up perverts.

Kilamon 09-01-2006 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Williams (Post 9268)
Please remember to offer up some advice to NZXT to give them ideas on what to do to please you.

It would please me if I won the faceplate. I only wish this were a little earlier. I just built my mom a new PC from spare parts (p4/1.7, 512 RDRAM@800mhz, gforce3 AGP on a Intel D850GB board) and a new case. She really liked it and it all lit up red and was dragons everywhere, which she really loves. Adding that NZXT plate would have been just thing thing to send it over the top and make it that much cooler.

Oh well. Next time! Maybe I can put it in my new Ubuntu RAID server when I win. The temp readings would be helpful for all the hard drives I've added. :D

Is the door on the case transparent or slightly opaque? What about using Privacy Glass for the window (controllable with a remote and/or software)?

Rob Williams 09-01-2006 12:23 PM

Oh man, someone mentioned Ubuntu! :mad:

:D

It's funny you mention your mom. I gave my mom my Socket A PC when I built the 939 back in the day, and she was the same way. "Ooh blue lights", haha.

Kilamon 09-01-2006 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Williams (Post 9270)
Oh man, someone mentioned Ubuntu! :mad:

:D

It's funny you mention your mom. I gave my mom my Socket A PC when I built the 939 back in the day, and she was the same way. "Ooh blue lights", haha.

I'm using Ubuntu cause it's easy and I don't need more complicated crap in my life. I deal with enough cow-orkers in a day. :(

johndoe 09-01-2006 01:06 PM

sweet contest! sign me up please :)

jcheu002 09-01-2006 11:15 PM

Awesome giveaway. Maybe NZXT should consider some liquid cooling options with some of their high end cases, or just stand alone. When air cooling just isnt enough

renovation 09-02-2006 01:49 AM

i own one nzxt case and love it . be nice to win this one to build a new computer in .

Enigmachine 09-02-2006 04:13 PM

Weee, I didn't even know this site, but my ears perked up at the mention of NZXT. :D

I own one NZXT case and it is nice! It's a Nemesis, awesome orange color.

There's a couple of things I would improve; the front door design prevents the use of any sort of fan controller or things with larger buttons on it - they might have fixed that on the Apollo, I have not read the reviews yet.

Also, I would make sure the fan filters are easy to clean; it's no so bad on the Nemesis, the side fan has a big plastic N over it and you can sortof squeeze a rag under it to pick up the dust, but it's a bit sharp so it's not a fun task. And the front filter, forget it. There's probably a giant fur ball stuck in the Nemesis' "mouth" that I can't even see. :)

Other than that... Well, the Nemesis is a nice pre-mod, aesthetically the only complaint I have is that the inside floor of the case is the standard gray sheet metal color. It's impossible to match the outside color (orange!) and with the window, it's something you see all the time. Not very pretty. Maybe a simple plastic cache or painting the inside would make it perfect.

Just my 2 cents :)

Polytec 09-02-2006 06:44 PM

That is an awesome prize! Definitely would like to win that.

As far as improving NXT...I don't know, maybe even better cooling options.