Techgage.com

Techgage.com (http://forums.techgage.com/index.php)
-   Site and Forum Comments & Issues (http://forums.techgage.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Endless Space codes up for grabs (http://forums.techgage.com/showthread.php?t=11425)

Rob Williams 07-11-2012 05:24 PM

Endless Space codes up for grabs

The fine folks over at Amplitude Studios have provided us two codes for their just-released 4X space game Endless Space. Interested? The rules:

A) You must be an active member of our community.

B) Answer: What do you consider to be the best 4X game ever made?

I'll choose the winners this coming Sunday night, around midnight EST.

I'll also be posting a review for the game soon (hint: it's awesome).

eunoia 07-11-2012 09:28 PM

It does look awesome, but I don't think I can block off the time to do this justice.

Too bad, I had a really good answer for B) :D

Rob Williams 07-11-2012 10:26 PM

You should share your answer anyway given that I'm interested and this thread has also gotten off to a super-slow start.

OriginalJoeCool 07-11-2012 11:44 PM

Looks great!

I'm not totally sure about this answer, but I'll nominate Caesar III as the best 4x strategy game. That game was complex and super hard as I remember it. I wish I could play it again ....

Rob Williams 07-11-2012 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OriginalJoeCool (Post 56752)
Looks great!

I'm not totally sure about this answer, but I'll nominate Caesar III as the best 4x strategy game. That game was complex and super hard as I remember it. I wish I could play it again ....

I hear you. If only some website out there still sold it...

Thanks for entering :D

OriginalJoeCool 07-12-2012 04:20 PM

Good old Gold Old Games. Nice!

Rob Williams 07-12-2012 06:16 PM

I think I made a mistake making this contest -just- for actives. This is craziness, I expected more participation than this!

Psi* 07-12-2012 06:58 PM

Endless Space does look like a good game. I am not a very active gamer tho but I do some to purge the brain. Following the link to wikipedia I see that I did play a 4X game once, long long ago and far far away .. Master of Orion. My son was bringing all kinds of stuff home in the day. While he was grounded for not studying because of too much gaming, I played.:o

So my only response to B) is Master of Orion as I can remember. I think it was a bit tedious tho. In the day, most of those were tedious. But, so is mahjong & just put it on the cell.:(

I would play this while I wait on things to run. On the other hand, if there is someone you feel more appreciative than I, by all means send it to them:)

Toad772 07-12-2012 11:52 PM

Civilization III because the list of 4X games I have played is short and unlike Civ V it has unit stacking.

OriginalJoeCool 07-15-2012 04:37 PM

So how many people entered? 3? Not bad odds. :D

DarkStarr 07-15-2012 11:36 PM

I would enter but I've played it, I own it. BETA testing FTW. Its awesome btw, so easy to just sink HOURS into.

Rob Williams 07-17-2012 10:54 PM

Alright, it sucks a -ton- that I couldn't give everyone who entered a code, because with the limited number of people who entered, it makes this awkward. Despite that, the names we picked out of the virtual hat are:

Psi*
OriginalJoeCool

Huge congrats, and let's hope the next contest is a little more exciting ;-)

OriginalJoeCool 07-18-2012 12:14 AM

Sweet! I can't wait to play it! :D

Psi* 07-18-2012 09:35 AM

Hey thanks ... I'm on it ;)

Rob Williams 07-18-2012 12:16 PM

Expect a review from me today, and then feel free to tear it up and disagree and / or add your 2 dirt (you'll get that once you play).