Techgage.com

Techgage.com (http://forums.techgage.com/index.php)
-   Site and Forum Comments & Issues (http://forums.techgage.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   TechGage Chat! (http://forums.techgage.com/showthread.php?t=640)

Jakal 04-06-2006 10:11 PM

TechGage Chat!

You asked for it, now we've delivered! No not pizza... A TechGage IRC program for all our members and visitors!

To start I'm going to direct you to this little link right here: TechChat.
That's where you'll find the chat program itself. You'll need WinZip to extract the folder ;). Next, just click on the mIRC icon. After a series of beeps you'll end up in the #TechGage chat room!

The first step you'll want to take is to register the nickname you'd like. To do this you'll need to change from the default nick to the one you want.
The command for this is: "/nick newnick" (quotes unnecessary). Just replace newnick with the nickname you want.

Then you'll need to register that nickname.
The command for this is /NickServ REGISTER "your password" "your email address"
You'll be sent an email confirming your nickname registration. Like before, quotes unnecessary.

Once in the chatroom you should find everything in working order, and maybe another person or two :eek:. There's a few options I've included in the irc program. To reach these just right click somewhere in the chat room and you'll see a few options. The first in the dropdown box is "Channel Modes" which people who aren't operators (ops) can't change.

I've included Moo script v3.0 *beta*. If anyone has ever used IRC in the past they might remember this. When you click "Moo All" under the next dropdown box it shows in chat your system specs. Something similar to this

Quote:

moo: os: Microsoft Windows XP Professional - Service Pack 2 (5.1.2600) uptime: 1hr 15mins 54secs cpu: AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 150 at 2700MHz (0% Load) gfx: NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT 256MB res: 1152x864 32bit 60Hz ram: 484/1022.42MB (47.32%) [|||||-----] hdd: C:\ 6.74GB/54.69GB Free D:\ 310.59MB/19.83GB Free G:\ 224.71GB/232.88GB Free net: Marvell Yukon 88E8001_8003_8010 PCI Gigabit Ethernet Controller - Packet Scheduler Miniport - 1000MB/s 0B In, 0B Out

Except that it will be your system specs. You can also use "/moo" to give the stats and "/up" to show uptime.

Server: irc.esper.net Channel: #Techgage

If you've got any questions or can't seem to figure out an option, feel free to msg/email me or talk with me in chat about it. Don't be shy!

Link now works.. CORRECTLY!

Greg King 04-06-2006 10:14 PM

Woot to that!

Jakal 04-06-2006 10:59 PM

A few commands which weren't included, but may be helpful for some. To use these you've got to put the text following "Script Line:" in the alias.ini file. Which is accessed by clicking the Green /a at the top of your mirc window. Just post them on seperate lines below what's already there.

This first one sends a message to everone with a +v, or voice, and higher. Those without a + by their name will not be able to read the message. The command works like this: /ovn message

Script line: /ovn { notice @+ $+ # $$1- }

This one sends a message to individual users. The command works like this:
/not Nick Message

Script Line: /not { notice # $$1- }

Hope this is helpful for some.

Kalo 09-13-2006 02:04 AM

Unfortunately the link to what I suspect to be the client no longer works. Do you still run an IRC channel? If so what is the server it's hosted on? :)

Jakal 09-13-2006 03:21 PM

It's been a good while since we've been on it. We did use the Scorcery network and the room was #TechGage. It's not in use anymore, but if more than 3 or 4 people wanted to use it daily, I'll set it back up.

Greg King 09-13-2006 03:48 PM

I was always down for it. If we can get more people to hop on everynow and then, I am all for getting it going again.

Rob Williams 09-13-2006 03:53 PM

Yes, I will join it but I can't guarentee I will always be chatting due to the workload. Set it up mang.

Jakal 09-13-2006 06:51 PM

Consider it done. BUT I'm going to use the Espernet group. The nickserv and chanserv are a lot friendlier/easier to use.

So network: irc.Esper.net Room: #TechGage I'll make the changes for the chat zip and email it to you Rob.

Greg King 09-13-2006 06:54 PM

I love you mang!

Jakal 09-13-2006 07:09 PM

I totally forgot about the add attachment thing, but couldn't get it to work.
http://www.filefactory.com/file/b31301/

Now when you join your name will be TechGadget. Just change it, no problems. To register your nick use /msg nickserv register password email. You won't get kicked unless someone already owns that nickname. If they do you'll get a message saying it's protected or some such.

Rob, you'll proabably want to get the file hosted on the server and fix the link when you do. FileFactory drops the file within 7 days of inactivity.

Kalo 09-13-2006 10:06 PM

I'm there...thanks for the response. Now let's go people, get in there... :)

Rob Williams 09-13-2006 10:24 PM

My laptop just died. I will get in once I fix it.

Rob Williams 09-13-2006 10:53 PM

Ok, I have set up X-Chat for the room, so I will hang around in there from now on. I can't say I will be chatty all the time though... I have so much on the go. I will do my best to partake as much as possible though.

Thanks as always for setting that up Jakal.

Jakal 09-14-2006 06:47 PM

Not a problem Rob. Everythings the same as the original, except I removed the away script. Some find it a bit annoying. There's a moo script in there that will give some pc specs. To access it just right click in the chatroom. I hope to see everyone there!

madstork91 09-15-2006 04:39 AM

I was there man... when this thing first got going man... and it was like Whoah!... and I was like "Dude did you see that?" and you of course said... dude... I was there!

Speaking of which im Prob going to leave it open just like old times. Drop by... leave a stork a msg. -That is all.