View Single Post
Old 12-05-2006, 06:13 PM   #30
Unregistered
Guest Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Ah, thanks Jen for reporting about that thump. It's good to know that it's not just my set of Z-4 that produces that little thump at power-off. And I might have given a bit exaggerated image of that sound with my babblings. It's not loud. Once again, great set of speakers for the price! ^^d
Even the Altec Lansing FX6021 produce that thump...

When it comes to computer speakers, I think one should explain how/why they listen.
You have the more audiophile amongst us that listen for sound accuracy and would like a little sense of spaciousness. The other camp is those that want loud thumping sounds.
In a perfect speaker, youd have both.

The Logitech Z-4 sound constrained, as if the sound is trying to get out but just cant. Muddled is another word for it. Sure you get some oomph but is that enough? With a dealer cost of less than 87.00cnd$, you maybe able to get a bargain on these but at the price point in this article, this is not enough to recommend them.

Im not trying to be overly critical of this review, but I do know it will be indexed and get some traction but a problem with most computer speaker reviews is that they are done by the thin eared.

I mostly listen to music on my computer speakers, so 2.1 are fine for me, but a gamer may want more. These speakers were compared to Altec Lansing FX6021 (lacking midrange) and Logitech Z-2300 ( too much bass) and clearly had a different audio signature. Im not expecting much at this price point and they are above most speakers in this price range just not worthy of such a high rating.