View Single Post
Old 09-01-2007, 01:52 AM   #9
MakubeX
Partition Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bot_add View Post
Nice review, but it lacks some detail imho.

First of all the nice and shiny features are well covered, yet the fact that the mouse skips on surfaces such as QcK, polished wood, unpolished wood and a piece of paper is nowhere to be found. Being a low senser myself it was rather frustrating having the mouse making the hoola hoola dance everytime.
Another thing is the terrible lift off distance, which is around 4mm, twice as much as MX518 which is only 2mm.
The shape is indeed very different from anything you ever seen before (or not, now that I think of Creative's Fatal1ty 2020) and either you'll love it or hate it

Not being a hater under any circumstances, but thought this belonged to the review.

Sethk G9 is USB overclocked by default, either 500 or 1000Hz, I couldn't test it tho.
"One of the big things I look for in a gaming mouse is the polling rate"
These are the words of a nub, since you can overclock any mouse and feel a huge difference.

Thanks for making the effort and writing that review Rob.
Rob didn't write the review. Greg did.

The lift off distance is something that can be very annoying in some laser mice. I found the MX1000 (at least way back when I bought it) to have too high of a lift off distance. I don't know exactly how much, but I know I had to raise the mouse much more than I wanted to for it to stop registering which proved to be annoying when gaming (especially in FPS). On the other hand I found the G5 to a have a pretty good (short) lift off distance. Even so, from all the mice I've used so far (not the G9 yet) my favorite mouse still is the MX518.

EK Supreme | EK FC-4870X2 block | Enzotech SNBW-SLI | Swiftech MCW30 | DDC-2 w/ XSPC Top | Laing D5 | Thermochill PA120.3 | Weapon Heatercore
MakubeX is offline   Reply With Quote