View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008, 06:19 PM   #7
b1lk1
Tech Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Do you think this water cooling device is suited for a HTPC?
Is it to big for case like this one (http://www.hard-h2o.com/review/cajas/nox-media.html)?
Or not that quite?
Am I better with a passive cooler and a couple of fans to extract the heat from the case?

Thanks!
No, it wouldn't fit in that case. You need a straight shot from the 120MM fan opening in a traditional case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You have got to be joking, 84'c is way too hot for a cooler, especially water.

It seems this is a pretty poor cooler...
You seem to not really understand what acceptable temperatures are for a processor. Considering it was nearly silent AND running almost 3.7GHz I was beyond impressed with my results. Couple that with the reality that almost noone on the planet Earth runs their CPU 24/7 full CPU load and you'll see that my results were more than acceptable. In fact, even if you were to fully load it 24/7 @ 85C, you would not shave 1 minute of life off your processor. Too many people are foolishly obsessed with keeping their temperatures artificially low. That is just not necessary.

I should also add that this cooler is also found for under $100 retail. Even a top of the line heatsink with a leaf-blower 100CFM+ fan will cost you roughly the same to get somewhat better results. This cooler was silent.
Patriot PC2-6400 2X2GB LL
2 X BFG 8800GTX in SLI
Enermax Revolution 620W PSU
ASUS 24X DVD/Seagate 250GB SATA 2/THermaltake A90/Windows 7 Ultimate 64

Last edited by b1lk1; 02-12-2008 at 06:22 PM.
b1lk1 is offline   Reply With Quote