View Single Post
Old 11-11-2005, 12:20 PM   #4
madmat
Soup Nazi

I'm sorry to hear you had those issues, I've never used the partion table recovery since I use patition magic for anything like that so I've never tried sys mech's version.

I agree about the current version of the analyzer but if they can work my advice into it then it will be worthwhile since it will actively monitor your security and performance and for someone like me that has their system up 24/7 folding, knowing of my system is out of physical ram is really helpful.

I kind of feel that it was rushed or just not really well thought out since they included cached internet files in the clutter reporting tool because, really, there will always be internet files cached on your drive and as I pointed out if you keep ripping out your caches files you're going to be fighting with way slower browsing which for dialup users is a bad thing.

Anyways, I'm hopeful that iolo will get things squared away, I loved 5 with a passion, I never used 4 but I did use 3 and it was pretty good although I was running 98SE so I have no ideas as to how well it worked with XP.

M4N82 Deluxe
Phenom II 940 Black Edition quad core @ 3.5Ghz
2x1 gig OCZ PC26400 Platinum, 2x1gig GSkill PC26400
EVGA GTX260
Upcoming EVGA GTX470
Buncha drives,
Some other stuff,
Even more stuff,
If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside. --Robert X. Cringely, InfoWorld magazine
madmat is offline   Reply With Quote