View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 05:28 PM   #9
ikjadoon
Obliviot

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1lk1 View Post
Agreed on the Linpack testing. Considering the majority of reviewers are still running Core 2 Duo processors they have no reason to stick to Prime95 which is just not going to give us the full picture of how hot the CPU can run.
Well, in the same sense, a failed LINPACK test doesn't equate with an unstable processor. I've seen processors that fail Prime95 within a few hours, but have never exhibited any other instabilities. LINPACK only furthers that, so that by being an even more stressful program, it stretches the limit of "testing" almost too much. However, it is a fantastic tool for cooling efficiency, especially when some top coolers rank within single-digit degrees with Prime95.

At the same time, there are no programs in existence (correct me if I'm wrong) that will ever stress the CPU to levels of LINPACK and, in the same vein, Prime95. I doubt I'll ever use a program that will bring a quad-core @ 4Ghz to 67 degrees on load with this cooler. It is nice to know, however, that it does it with ease. Just my two cents.

~Ibrahim~
ikjadoon is offline   Reply With Quote