View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 05:02 AM   #7
Tharic-Nar
Techgage Staff

The application launcher and Macros will not work on a different system. While the program launchers are saved in hardware, they use absolute paths, which means they will have no effect on a system with a dissimilar setup. Macros are 100% dependant on software and are not saved to the keyboard at all, in fact, they won't even load by default on a configured system. So with no software drivers, there will be extremely limited functionality. None of the extra keys will do anything without being programmed first.

What should work though is the standard media keys for volume, pause/play, the stopwatch, lighting, notes and timer. These are either integrated into the KB hardware, or use standard media control signals.

I'll try it out with a Linux live distro later to confirm, but the majority of the KB is software bound.
PSU: Corsair 1000HX - Case: Thermaltake Xaser VI Full Tower - CPU: Intel Core i7 2600 @3.8GHz - Cooler: Thermaltake FRIO - Motherboard: ASUS P67 Sabertooth - Memory: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP Arctic 1600 - GPU: 2x AMD Radeon HD 5870 - HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB 6Gb/s +1TB +2TB storage - Audio: ODAC + O2 Amp, ASUS Xonar DX
K/B: Corsair K90 - Mouse: ROCCAT KONE XTD - Monitor: DELL U2410 - Speakers: Corsair SP2500 - Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT990 - Mic: Blue Yeti USB Microphone

- I need Fiber to fix my Irregular Bandwidth Syndrome -
Tharic-Nar is offline   Reply With Quote