View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 10:45 PM   #6
Rob Williams
Editor-in-Chief

Hi MeBe:

Apologies for it taking so long to approve your post; I didn't see it sitting there. I promoted your account so you won't have a delay like that again. I hate to have these measures in place but we get a LOT of spam posted here each day that no one ever sees as a result.

"Is the IP dished out by your router in the same subnet as the IP dished out by your neighbor's router?

Not so. The ISP router is 192.168.2.1, and the router here is 192.168.1.1. In the last place (and soon, here), this router plugged into the ISP router, with the same IP addresses used.

"Is the IP of your NAS in the same subnet as the IP your PC gets assigned?"

Yes. Router is 192.168.1.1 and NAS is 192.168.1.100.

"Is the last NIC to be brought up enabled the one that seems to "win" connectivity?"

That's a good question; I hadn't thought about it. I'll disable both in a moment and then enable the NIC first and then the wireless dongle. At times though, both have fared well; it's not until after a little while that the net becomes noticeably slow, at which point it becomes perfect again if I disable the wired NIC.

"Paste your route print -4 (or just route print if you don't have an IPv6 enabled system) from the cmd line and I can help you tshoot."

I -assume- you mean with all of the NICs enabled, so I enabled and am attaching a file here. Ironically, I lost net while I did that.

Thanks a ton for the detailed post, and again, apologies for the slow activation.
Attached Files
File Type: txt route_print.txt (4.5 KB, 126 views)

"Take care to get what you like, or you will be forced to like what you get!" - H.P. Baxxter
<Toad772> I don't always drink alcohol, but when I do, I take it too far.

Rob Williams is offline   Reply With Quote