View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 02:28 PM   #7
Soup Nazi

Any upgrade I do will probably center around the GPU and possibly ram. Currently I have 4 gigs and it's been fine with it but if games get any more demanding I'll up it to 8. I wish I'd had the foresight to pick up a pair of 4 gig DDR2 kits when they were under $50. Now that it's gone out of style the price has nearly doubled. Still, $200 in ram is cheaper than buying everything over. I mean it's still a game of inches on PC upgrades. Not like when going from P4 to Core2 or an Athlon to Athlon 64 dual core. As to when I plan to upgrade to current gen stuff, well, when I have to. as a WC'er it's not as simple as it is if you air cool. I'd need a new CPU block as there's no top that works with the new Intel LGA boards for mine and possibly a new GPU block. Or I could scrap my loop and go with air cooling and only need to buy a CPU cooler. A tad drastic though.

4690K @ 4.6Ghz
2X4 Gigs G Skill F3-14900CL8-4GBXM
Buncha drives,
Fractal Design Define R5
Dual loop WC
Some other stuff,
Even more stuff,
If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside. --Robert X. Cringely, InfoWorld magazine
madmat is offline   Reply With Quote