View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 03:28 PM   #7
madmat
Soup Nazi

Any upgrade I do will probably center around the GPU and possibly ram. Currently I have 4 gigs and it's been fine with it but if games get any more demanding I'll up it to 8. I wish I'd had the foresight to pick up a pair of 4 gig DDR2 kits when they were under $50. Now that it's gone out of style the price has nearly doubled. Still, $200 in ram is cheaper than buying everything over. I mean it's still a game of inches on PC upgrades. Not like when going from P4 to Core2 or an Athlon to Athlon 64 dual core. As to when I plan to upgrade to current gen stuff, well, when I have to. as a WC'er it's not as simple as it is if you air cool. I'd need a new CPU block as there's no top that works with the new Intel LGA boards for mine and possibly a new GPU block. Or I could scrap my loop and go with air cooling and only need to buy a CPU cooler. A tad drastic though.

M4N82 Deluxe
Phenom II 940 Black Edition quad core @ 3.5Ghz
4x2 Gigs Patriot PC2 6400
EVGA GTX470
Buncha drives,
Cooler Master HAF XB EVO,
Corsair H100i,
Some other stuff,
Even more stuff,
If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside. --Robert X. Cringely, InfoWorld magazine
madmat is online now   Reply With Quote