Latest Forum Posts

Latest News Posts
Coming Soon!
Social
Go Back   Techgage.com > Site HQ > Site and Forum Comments & Issues

Site and Forum Comments & Issues Comments? Suggestions? Out-right flames? Found a bug? Feel free to post about it here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 05:48 PM   #106
Brett Thomas
Senior Editor

Congrats, crowTrobot!

On a more serious note, though - for that great prize, could you kindly whitelist us in your adblock? I mean, that's kind of our ENTIRE source of funding to keep great competitions, news and reviews happening for all of you.

I understand ads can seem a nuissance, but Rob and I have worked VERY hard to try and not have them be obnoxious or interfering with content. If you won't click through them to help us a little more, could those of you who read this at least whitelist us? Adblocking REALLY hurts sites like ours, and our tech-intelligent audience means that a lot of you might be doing it and not even think of it. We count on that revenue to keep this site going.

Best of luck, and enjoy the prize.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:13 PM   #107
crowTrobot
E.M.I.

Sure, sorry. It's the global adblock list for opera. I'll just revert to the original ini file and do the blacklisting manually for "adult" sites.

EDIT:
voila!

Sorry bout that.

Last edited by crowTrobot; 02-25-2010 at 07:19 PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:09 PM   #108
CLoNi
Obliviot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Thomas View Post
If you won't click through them to help us a little more, could those of you who read this at least whitelist us? Adblocking REALLY hurts sites like ours, and our tech-intelligent audience means that a lot of you might be doing it and not even think of it. We count on that revenue to keep this site going.
Hmmm I am not using Adblock right now, I forgot to install it; thats why I was getting a lot of pop-up ads Anyways I have found some sites that detect if you have Adblock installed and you have to disable it if you want to visit the site. Maybe you guys can do the same?

Waiting the mini review from crowTrobot

Last edited by CLoNi; 02-25-2010 at 08:14 PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:46 PM   #109
Rob Williams
Editor-in-Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLoNi View Post
Anyways I have found some sites that detect if you have Adblock installed and you have to disable it if you want to visit the site. Maybe you guys can do the same?
I thought we did have something like that in place, to show GIF images rather than ads, but it might not be working as planned. Regardless, I can understand the need for AdBlock on some websites, but for us here, we've never had a pop-up, nor plan to ever have pop-ups. Like Brett sent, we've put in a lot of time and effort to make sure that our ads are non-intrusive, and I think we've done a good job of that.

And yes, for what it's worth, the site is 100% sponsored by ads. If everyone blocked the ads on our site, Techgage just wouldn't exist. It's that simple.

"Take care to get what you like, or you will be forced to like what you get!" - H.P. Baxxter
<Toad772> I don't always drink alcohol, but when I do, I take it too far.

Old 02-25-2010, 11:08 PM   #110
BT!
Obliviot

congratz crow, nice set-up
Old 02-26-2010, 10:06 AM   #111
Brett Thomas
Senior Editor

thank you crowTrobot! Don't mean to be a downer, I know it happens accidentally because so many browsers have a default adblocking.

For all of you who remember (or have taken it upon yourselves after my post) to whitelist, THANK YOU.
Old 02-26-2010, 02:21 PM   #112
crowTrobot
E.M.I.

np, it's the least I could do. Again I'm really sorry about that.

I am really enjoying the 3D vision so far. I tried it with CoD4 and Assassin's Creed and I love it!!!. I just had to turn on the laser aiming sight with CoD4 as it is a bit harder to aim. lol. Full review on monday once I finish taking photos and tried it with newer games and some 3d movies.
Old 02-26-2010, 02:56 PM   #113
slugbug
Partition Master

Avatar 3D movie should be amazing on that setup when it comes out.
Old 02-26-2010, 03:11 PM   #114
crowTrobot
E.M.I.

Yeah I think I need to spring for a Bluray drive to fully appreciate it. I haven't tried it with 3D movies yet. Fortunately my brother left me his DVD collection when he got married so he's got a couple of zombie movies and Spy Kids 3D. lol as he was obsessed with all things 3D for a month about 2-3 years ago but those analog stereoscopes barely work. lol I think we were watching Return of the Living dead and we couldn't figure out if the 3D was working or not and gave up after 10 minutes of watching. It might had something to do with the type of TV.

3D vision definitely works in games, its amazing! Although I looked like a twat last night swaying from side to side on my seat while playing as I was so impressed with the "3d-ness" and moving around isn't ruining the perception lol.
Old 02-26-2010, 03:16 PM   #115
slugbug
Partition Master

If you're looking for a PC Blu Ray drive check out this place: http://www.bewawa.com/catalogsearch/...OS10408&st=fts
Free same day delivery if you're in the GTA.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:11 PM   #116
crowTrobot
E.M.I.

Thanks!
I have received the games package today.
Thank you! I'll be trying them out tonight.
Closed Thread