Latest Forum Posts

Latest News Posts
Coming Soon!
Social
Go Back   Techgage.com > Archives > Reviews and Articles

Reviews and Articles Discussion for Techgage content is located here. Only staff can create topics, but everyone is welcome to post.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2010, 10:57 PM   #1
Rob Williams
Editor-in-Chief
 
Rob Williams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Atlantic Canada
Posts: 13,351
Default CoolIT ECO A.L.C. Liquid CPU Cooler

Want to take a "dive" into water cooling, but don't want the hassle and/or the expense? CoolIT has got you covered. With the company's ECO A.L.C., you get an all-in-one liquid cooler that has one of the easiest installation schemes we've seen to date, preforms well, and comes in at just around ~$70 US.

You can read Bill's full review here and discuss it here!
__________________
Intel Core i7-3960X, GIGABYTE G1.Assassin 2, Kingston 16GB DDR3-2133, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 2GB
Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB SSD (OS, Apps), WD VR 1TB (Games), Corsair 1000HX, Corsair H70 Cooler
Corsair 800D, Dell 2408WFP 24", ASUS Xonar Essence STX, Gentoo (KDE 4.11. 3.12 Kernel)

"Take care to get what you like, or you will be forced to like what you get!" - H.P. Baxxter
<Toad772> I don't always drink alcohol, but when I do, I take it too far.


Rob Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 02:48 AM   #2
Naish
E.M.I.
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 84
Default

Hmmm..

I'm still undecided on these, I was looking at both this and the Corsair H50 earlier tonight (I think I'd go with the ECO) but I still can't decide if it's worth jumping from the TRU120 to this. I think it'd be more of a "hurr hurr water cooling is nifty" thing than a noticeable difference for me at this point, but if I ever sell my system or make a new one I'll end up going with one of these all-on-one units.
Naish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 04:12 AM   #3
samuelson1
Obliviot
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 19
Default

Hi,

I just fit to my Phenom II x4 955 one Noctua NH-D14 because I was a little afraid about water cooling, but this CoolIT ECO look very simple, maybe Ive made a mistake with my Noctua?
samuelson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 07:16 AM   #4
Doomsday
Tech Junkie
 
Doomsday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: KHI, PAK
Posts: 1,559
Default

amazing product! very nicely reviewed!
__________________
PSU: Corsair AX850 - Case: Cooler Master HAF X - CPU:Core i7-2600k - Cooler: Cooler Master V6 GT - Motherboard: Asus Z68 Maximus IV Extreme Z - Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8 GB-1600Mhz - GPU: AMD MSI R6970 Lightning - HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB, Seagate 2TB Barracuda Green - SSD: Intel 520 Series 120GB - K/B: Razer Lycosa Mirror - Mouse: Logitech G700 - MouseMat: Steel Series 4HD - LCD: Asus VG278H 27" - Speakers: Creative Inspire M4500 4.1 - Headset: Logitech G35 7.1



"Do not look at a man's prayers nor his fasts, rather, measure him by how well he deals with others, the compassion he shows his fellow man, his wisdom and his integrity" - Umar Ibn Al-Khattab


Doomsday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:01 AM   #5
Optix
Basket Chassis
 
Optix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 1,685
Default

Wah, wah, wah, waaaaaaaah....

No overclocked temperatures? I understand that not everybody overclocks but you show me an office user who wants water cooling and I'll show you an idiot.

"Woah! Excel is stressing my CPU!"

I'm really tempted to scale back on my case and cooling solutions in order to pick up one of these though. I image it would keep an i3 nice and cool, even with 1.3+ vcore.

The fit and finish on this looks great and I'm curious to see what a high CFM fan could do even though Coolit says the stock fan is the best solution.
Optix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:35 AM   #6
x.clay
Obliviot
 
x.clay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 48
Default

it has overclocked results ??

It looks like a nice improvement over the Domino. I would have loved to see benchmarks with a dual fan setup.
x.clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 11:42 AM   #7
b1lk1
Tech Monkey
 
b1lk1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ontario
Posts: 821
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naish View Post
Hmmm..

I'm still undecided on these, I was looking at both this and the Corsair H50 earlier tonight (I think I'd go with the ECO) but I still can't decide if it's worth jumping from the TRU120 to this. I think it'd be more of a "hurr hurr water cooling is nifty" thing than a noticeable difference for me at this point, but if I ever sell my system or make a new one I'll end up going with one of these all-on-one units.
If you are happy with your TRU120 then it is not going to be a major leap. One thing the ECO and H50 has over any air cooler is less noise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelson1 View Post
Hi,

I just fit to my Phenom II x4 955 one Noctua NH-D14 because I was a little afraid about water cooling, but this CoolIT ECO look very simple, maybe Ive made a mistake with my Noctua?
Again, if you are happy then you probably made the right choice, noise is where these all-in-one water coolers shine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optix View Post
Wah, wah, wah, waaaaaaaah....

No overclocked temperatures? I understand that not everybody overclocks but you show me an office user who wants water cooling and I'll show you an idiot.

"Woah! Excel is stressing my CPU!"

I'm really tempted to scale back on my case and cooling solutions in order to pick up one of these though. I image it would keep an i3 nice and cool, even with 1.3+ vcore.

The fit and finish on this looks great and I'm curious to see what a high CFM fan could do even though Coolit says the stock fan is the best solution.
1. We overclocked to 4.01Ghz and posted results, check it out again.
2. This is a great quiet solution and would have no problem whatsoever with a dual core even when you add teh GPU's heat.
3. I tested the H50 with 2 fans and different configurations and picked up minimal gains not making it worthwhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x.clay View Post
it has overclocked results ??

It looks like a nice improvement over the Domino. I would have loved to see benchmarks with a dual fan setup.
Dual fans never seem to help these units and if I do add another fan it introduces an extra variable since not all fans are created equal. If anything, using this inside a case with side panel fans and better airflow would have better results. The chassis I use, the Zalman GS1000 has no side panel fans or front panel intake fans as well so it is not as efficient. I use this chassis as it keeps the playing field level and forces the cooler to cool the CPU and stops the chassis fans from adding extra cooling that others may be able to give.

Big improvement over the Domino in both noise and performance. This is a great little cooler I have seen for $69.99CAD on sale (NCIX.com). It is an excellent alternative to air cooling.
__________________
Oldschool PC:
Intel E6300/Nouctua NH-9U w/dual 92mm Panaflos
XFX 680i LT
Patriot PC2-6400 2X2GB LL
2 X BFG 8800GTX in SLI
Enermax Revolution 620W PSU
ASUS 24X DVD/Seagate 250GB SATA 2/THermaltake A90/Windows 7 Ultimate 64
b1lk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 01:25 PM   #8
Optix
Basket Chassis
 
Optix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 1,685
Default

Whoops! Thanks b1lk1!

My teacher used to say I know just enough to be dangerous. He was a tool.

Speed reading with a squirmy child on my lap is something I'm going to have to keep trying.

Any idea how this would stack up against a CNPS10X Performa? I'm likely going to go with one of the two.

Oh, Direct Canada has it on for $66 and change.
Optix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 02:30 PM   #9
x.clay
Obliviot
 
x.clay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 48
Default

Quote:
Dual fans never seem to help these units and if I do add another fan it introduces an extra variable since not all fans are created equal. If anything, using this inside a case with side panel fans and better airflow would have better results. The chassis I use, the Zalman GS1000 has no side panel fans or front panel intake fans as well so it is not as efficient. I use this chassis as it keeps the playing field level and forces the cooler to cool the CPU and stops the chassis fans from adding extra cooling that others may be able to give.
I can understand that from a review standpoint it is probably best to test with the stock configuration to keep things fair. I have an Asetek cooler (similar to the H50) and it got a couple of degree temp drop off adding a second fan. It was about the same drop as adding a shroud to a single fan. What I really like about these small water cooling setups is how it clears the space around the CPU and RAM. Tower coolers have a tendency to crowd the RAM slots.
x.clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 02:35 PM   #10
Optix
Basket Chassis
 
Optix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 1,685
Default

It is also great not to have a monster heatsink if you're using some Thermaltake cases where the upper edge of the motherboard is right at the top exhaust fan(s). The V3 is one of the major culprits and sometimes requires you to remove the exhaust fan all together or angle your tower heatsink straight up.
Optix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 07:21 PM   #11
Unregistered
Guest Poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Just to let you guys know, there is a 240mm radiator version of this cooler coming out
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 07:24 PM   #12
b1lk1
Tech Monkey
 
b1lk1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ontario
Posts: 821
Default

I sure hope to get my hands on one.
__________________
Oldschool PC:
Intel E6300/Nouctua NH-9U w/dual 92mm Panaflos
XFX 680i LT
Patriot PC2-6400 2X2GB LL
2 X BFG 8800GTX in SLI
Enermax Revolution 620W PSU
ASUS 24X DVD/Seagate 250GB SATA 2/THermaltake A90/Windows 7 Ultimate 64
b1lk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 08:38 PM   #13
Optix
Basket Chassis
 
Optix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 1,685
Default

I'd still like to know how this would stack up against a TRUE, Megatron, Performa and the like. It's an extra $25 tacked onto my budget build.
Optix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 11:27 PM   #14
killem2
Coastermaker
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 220
Default

Maybe I didn't see it or maybe it isn't there, but is this compatible with socket 775 intel chips?
killem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 06:41 AM   #15
Optix
Basket Chassis
 
Optix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 1,685
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by killem2 View Post
Maybe I didn't see it or maybe it isn't there, but is this compatible with socket 775 intel chips?
I believe so. There are three back plates shown so I am assuming it is LGA 775, 1156 and 1366 since they all have different mounting hole locations.

Optix is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
None

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CoolIT Omni A.L.C. Self-Contained Liquid GPU Cooler Rob Williams Reviews and Articles 3 11-08-2010 04:43 PM
CoolIT Shows Off Ultra-Thin Omni Liquid GPU Cooler Rob Williams Overclocking and Cooling 1 02-03-2010 10:31 PM
CoolIT Releases Affordable Liquid-Cooling for CPUs with the Domino Rob Williams Overclocking and Cooling 2 04-22-2009 08:34 AM
CoolIT PURE Silent Liquid CPU Cooler Rob Williams Reviews and Articles 30 05-02-2008 12:48 PM
CoolIT Freezone CPU cooler $269 NicePants42 Tech Deals 3 04-26-2008 10:05 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:11 PM.