Latest Forum Posts

Latest News Posts
Coming Soon!
Social
Go Back   Techgage.com > Site HQ > Site and Forum Comments & Issues

Site and Forum Comments & Issues Comments? Suggestions? Out-right flames? Found a bug? Feel free to post about it here!

Old 04-17-2010, 09:46 PM   #1
Rob Williams
Editor-in-Chief

Default "Local Guides" advertisement

Hi all:

I just wanted to give a heads-up on a new type of "advertising" we've put in place, in the form of the "Local Guides" applet box on the left-hand side of the site. This isn't a typical advertisement, obviously, but what it aims to do is refine information for you based on your location. This information can include local events, stores that might sell a product you're looking for and more.

You might notice that the URL after clicking on a location is changed to local.techgage.com, and though it seems like all of the content is hosted on our servers, it's not. Rather, it goes through the ultimate service provider (DirectoryM). All of the information is displayed automatically, based on what you are viewing. This service isn't only set out to be useful to our regular readers, but also those searching for specific things in a search engine. We're testing the waters, and will judge whether we'll continue using it or not in the months to come, depending on how well it works out for us.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to shoot them at me.

Thanks!

"Take care to get what you like, or you will be forced to like what you get!" - H.P. Baxxter
<Toad772> I don't always drink alcohol, but when I do, I take it too far.

Rob Williams is offline   Reply With Quote