Latest Forum Posts

Latest News Posts
Coming Soon!
Social
Go Back   Techgage.com > Site HQ > Site and Forum Comments & Issues

Site and Forum Comments & Issues Comments? Suggestions? Out-right flames? Found a bug? Feel free to post about it here!

Old 10-18-2011, 11:48 PM   #16
Scott
Guest Poster

Default Data backup

My only real backup solution is to keep my important stuff on a NAS. I do not currently back up my OS but have considered using something like Acronis to do it. I have been fortunate to have never experienced any major data loss...with luck I will win a copy of Acronis and will not have to worry about it ever again.

)

twitter = @ScottClubMember
Old 10-19-2011, 04:13 AM   #17
Unregistered
Guest Poster

Post My backup solution

Fortunately, I never had a significant data loss, and trust go on ...

I tried various security solutions, among which highlight the following:
- Easeus All Backup Free: very good and complete, and free.
- Pure Sync: the best for synchronization and backup of folders, also free.

Until recently, I was using Acronis True Image WD Edition, a limited free version that works with Western Digital hard drives, which are the ones I use for my backups and duplicates. I must say that is an excellent utility, but without the possibility of scheduling backups.
Three months ago I bought the license for the full version of Acronis True Image Home 2011, and am very satisfied with its performance, backups are completely neglected, and the performance penalty is minimal in my PC. It is an essential application for me today.

Twitter: @ CaEsarCruz1
Old 10-19-2011, 07:30 AM   #18
HHoltman
Guest Poster

Default My backup solution

Currently I create disk images with Clonezilla but the disadvantage is that you have to remember doing this. I would love to see this being done automatically. Especially the Try&Decide functionality seems nice!
Old 10-19-2011, 07:32 AM   #19
Hholtman
Guest Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHoltman View Post
Currently I create disk images with Clonezilla but the disadvantage is that you have to remember doing this. I would love to see this being done automatically. Especially the Try&Decide functionality seems nice!
Update:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/HennyHoltman
Old 10-19-2011, 08:17 AM   #20
cattmouch33
Obliviot

I was using the windows backup on a 2nd drive but deleted for more space. Not long after that my main drive got the BSY error from seagate 7200.11 firmware error. I got it recovered but windows now takes 5-10 min to load. I use Acronis at work and haven't had a problem with it so far, even though it's an older version.
cattmouch33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 10:41 AM   #21
foxikk
Guest Poster

I already use Acronis for last 3 years but the old ver.. Its ultimate solution for backup!

I lost data many times. But one time was the worst. It was like 1998 or something. I was doing stuff on computer some cleaning removing old files etc. and i was doing it soo fast that I accidently deleted the folder with very importan files. Hard drives then were not fast so i was able to stop before all was gone. But still I lost too much. I tried to recover with some software etc and it helped a little. And other times, recently my SSD failed and I lost whole disk and I didn't have backup then but since I have external hdd with backup file and another internal hdd with acronis backups and it feels good
Old 10-19-2011, 10:47 AM   #22
foxikk
Guest Poster

already use Acronis for last 3 years but the old ver.. Its ultimate solution for backup!

I lost data many times. But one time was the worst. It was like 1998 or something. I was doing stuff on computer some cleaning removing old files etc. and i was doing it soo fast that I accidently deleted the folder with very importan files. Hard drives then were not fast so i was able to stop before all was gone. But still I lost too much. I tried to recover with some software etc and it helped a little. And other times, recently my SSD failed and I lost whole disk and I didn't have backup then but since I have external hdd with backup file and another internal hdd with acronis backups and it feels good

https://www.facebook.com/fdigart
Old 10-19-2011, 07:13 PM   #23
marfig
No ROM battery

-- reply fail -- sorry.
Artic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2;
2x Samsung SyncMaster S43NW 8000:1 (1440x900)
Logitech K120 Keyboard and Logitech Performance Mouse MX
marfig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 08:16 AM   #24
killem2
Coastermaker

Currently I have everything important to me and my wife backed up on a western digital hard drive on a 4th PC and then re backed up on two file sharing sites set to private.

When I was a novice to the PC world and just thought, "Oh, all PC parts are created equal." we has 2-3 hard drives crash on us losing hundreds of documents and papers. The cost to have that recovered IS NOT fun.

Having a data crash like that is one of the worst feelings in the entire world.
killem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 08:25 PM   #25
Rob Williams
Editor-in-Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by killem2 View Post
Having a data crash like that is one of the worst feelings in the entire world.
I couldn't agree more on this one

"Take care to get what you like, or you will be forced to like what you get!" - H.P. Baxxter
<Toad772> I don't always drink alcohol, but when I do, I take it too far.

Rob Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 01:53 PM   #26
werty316
Partition Master

My backup solution is an external HDD enclosure.
I've lost data on two occasions. A couple of years ago I had two WD HDDs die on me within a two month period. You can say I was not a happy camper at that time.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:10 PM   #27
Kayden
Techgage Staff

I'z need this. Count me in for the running.

My current back solution is having a server (still under development had to pull it's psu for my main machine) but I need a prog to make an image of my os so I don't have to keep reloading everything!
Koolance PC4-1036BK Liquid Cooled Aluminum Full Tower Case (Upgraded to displace 1320watt of heat) - Koolance 360 ver 1.2 CPU Water Block - PrimoChill ICE Non-Conductive Fluid - Asus P6X58D Premium - Intel I7 950 - Evga GTX580 FTW Hydro Copper 2 x2 in SLI - Tt SMART M1200W PSU - Kingston HyperX 12GB 1600 XMP - Klipsch 5.1 THX Cert Speakers - Sata II OCZ Vertex 4 128GB, Kingston 120GB SV300, WD 2TB, & 320GB - Seagate 1TB - Cyborg RAT 7 MMO Mouse - Logitech G19 - Logitech G13 Gameboard - 1-over-3 Viewsonic's VA2448M-LED 24-Inch for Nvidia Surround - Ergotech Triple Horizontal LCD Monitor Arm Desk Stand

Last edited by Kayden; 10-21-2011 at 03:44 PM.
Kayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 03:52 PM   #28
Unregistered
Guest Poster

Default Data backup

I use USB HD to backup data only.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:55 PM   #29
Unregistered
Guest Poster

Default This must be magic.

I work as a techie in a small IT company (Ebox Global Systems Ltd in Nigeria). One day, one our clients (the owner of the business outfit)gave us a call that thier accountant's desktop had crashed. That day beign the eve of the company's yearly audit. I got to her and explained I would have to use RecoverMyFiles (bcos thats the software my company uses)which would take 2 days or more depending on the size of the harddisk.
Unknown to her the guys who installed the accounting package also used Acronis True Image as a backup. The backup was done on an External HDD connected to another desktop on the network. She inform the accounting package guys of the problem over the phone and that was it. Like magic everything was back to normal on a new HDD I purchased.
I really looked stupid that day.

Twitter: @subhuqud
Old 10-23-2011, 01:42 AM   #30
alee
Obliviot

I don't have a backup system. I just keep copies of important files on multiple computers, and copy them to flash drives and external hard drives. In the past, I've had some hard drives die, but fortunately, I never lost any important files.
alee is offline   Reply With Quote