Latest Forum Posts

Latest News Posts
Coming Soon!
Social
Go Back   Techgage.com > Site HQ > Site and Forum Comments & Issues

Site and Forum Comments & Issues Comments? Suggestions? Out-right flames? Found a bug? Feel free to post about it here!

Old 10-19-2011, 06:09 PM   #1
Rob Williams
Editor-in-Chief

Default Some Small Changes to Our Forums

We made a couple of minor changes to our forums earlier, and would like to discuss them here. In the never-ending quest to make sure our forums are as easy to navigate as possible, we've been known to remove various forums in the past, or merge more than one together. Today, we did the opposite, adding two that we believe should have been present all along.

The main added forum is "General Technology", which as the name implies, is where anything tech-related that doesn't directly apply to the other forums can be discussed. In the past, most of this discussion was found in the Off Topic forum, but for obvious reasons that wasn't ideal. We hope that the opening of this new forum will make it easier for you to figure out just where it is that your topic should go.

The second forum, Contests, is actually a sub-forum, found under For Sale & Trade. In the past, most contest topics were created directly under the For Sale & Trade forum or the Tech Deals sub-forum. Neither of these are the right place for such discussion, so the creation of this forum is long-overdue. At the same time, we made it so that the sub-forums are seen on the main forum page so that if a new post is found in one of them, it'll be easier to catch.

At the same time, we moved the entire "General" section of the forums nearer to the top so that they are more accessible, with the "Community Submissions" section now nestled right underneath it. Speaking of, those are the forums where you can post your own news and reviews and drum up some dicussion, so don't be afraid to use them!

As I said, "minor" changes here overall, but long overdue. Happy posting!

"Take care to get what you like, or you will be forced to like what you get!" - H.P. Baxxter
<Toad772> I don't always drink alcohol, but when I do, I take it too far.

Rob Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:36 AM   #2
Kougar
Techgage Staff

Sounds great to me!
EVGA GTX 480 HydroCopper FTW
ASUS Xonar DX
Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB | Windows 7 64-bit
Apogee XT + MCP655 & Thermochill Triple 140mm Radiator
Corsair AX1200 PSU | Cooler Master HAF-X

Kougar is offline   Reply With Quote