Latest Forum Posts

Latest News Posts
Coming Soon!
Social
Go Back   Techgage.com > Archives > Reviews and Articles

Reviews and Articles Discussion for Techgage content is located here. Only staff can create topics, but everyone is welcome to post.

Old 11-25-2012, 11:14 AM   #16
pmk
Guest Poster

Default moving or altering pagefile

Apart from the fact that my English is not that good, I know very little about technical matters on my computer.
I hope that somebody will be prepared to give me some advice.
I have 16mb of ram and a ssd vertex 3 drive (120Gb)
I have set my pagefile to automatic and disabled my hiberfil.sys
What is best to do with the pagefilee, move it to a regular harddisk (how do I prceed with this?) and how should I adjust it so that I don't get problems.
Somebody advised me to set it to 2 mb?
Thanks for any given help, Peter
Old 11-25-2012, 05:57 PM   #17
Kayden
Techgage Staff

Peter, the Pagefile.sys is your Virtual Memory cache file and is best left on your SSD and set to automatic, this way windows can change the size as needed. The reason you want to keep this on your SSD is because it offers you the best read and write performance of any other HDD in your system. Pagefile.sys should never be disabled or set to anything less then 4GB, because there are some services that use this over physical memory such as your ram. The hibernate is not as critical and can be disabled, especially if your on a desktop and never hibernate your system, but on a laptop you would want to leave this enabled because it's used frequently.
Koolance PC4-1036BK Liquid Cooled Aluminum Full Tower Case (Upgraded to displace 1320watt of heat) - Koolance 360 ver 1.2 CPU Water Block - PrimoChill ICE Non-Conductive Fluid - Asus P6X58D Premium - Intel I7 950 - Evga GTX580 FTW Hydro Copper 2 x2 in SLI - Tt SMART M1200W PSU - Kingston HyperX 12GB 1600 XMP - Klipsch 5.1 THX Cert Speakers - Sata II OCZ Vertex 4 128GB, Kingston 120GB SV300, WD 2TB, & 320GB - Seagate 1TB - Cyborg RAT 7 MMO Mouse - Logitech G19 - Logitech G13 Gameboard - 1-over-3 Viewsonic's VA2448M-LED 24-Inch for Nvidia Surround - Ergotech Triple Horizontal LCD Monitor Arm Desk Stand

Kayden is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None