Latest Forum Posts

Latest News Posts
Coming Soon!
Social
Go Back   Techgage.com > Software > General Software

General Software Apple, Linux, Windows, alternative OS and software application chat here.

Old 11-22-2006, 07:01 PM   #1
Jakal
Tech Monkey

Default AVG Program Updates

Girsoft has updated it's AVG line of products. They've released the 7.5 kernel for consumer use. If you don't know, the AVG 7.1 will no longer be supported after early January.

The new version 7.5 has been released and available for download here. Grisoft has also released an Anti-Spyware program which can be found here.

I'm not saying either product is perfect, not one I know is. I've been working with the spyware one today. The interface is easily read, and navigation is simple. Scheduling is easy, and allows you to scan only what you want.

If you're looking for a good, free, alternative to your current anti-virus/spyware software, I highly recommend you take a look at AVG's offerings.They aren't a "total solution", but are quality programs.
Intel C2Quad Q9400 @3.6Ghz | Asus PM5Q Deluxe | OCZ Reaper HPC PC2-8500 8GB | XFX Black Edition 260/216| knobs are great for twisting, turning, squeezing and pulling... especially your own..... that's how doors open | Chaos Havok: grrrr im lagging me | <@Deathspawner> I wish I was in Windows :-/
Jakal is offline   Reply With Quote