Latest Forum Posts

Latest News Posts
Coming Soon!
Social
Go Back   Techgage.com > Archives > Reviews and Articles

Reviews and Articles Discussion for Techgage content is located here. Only staff can create topics, but everyone is welcome to post.

Old 11-18-2007, 04:29 PM   #31
Unregistered
Guest Poster

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Lots of really good subwoofers don't have their "speakers" protected. See - SVS, HSU etc.

Apart from that, however, it's hard to really tell from the review whether they're any good. The only comment about comparative sound quality seems to be "it isnít as loud as my home stereo" which isn't particularly helpful, since we have no idea what your home stereo is, and "loud" is hardly that important in this day and age.

Include more comparisons like that, perhaps?
m8 u shud get sum, i just got some for my b-day and they r MINT, im pissing off my next door neighbour by ratteling the floor
Old 11-18-2007, 04:58 PM   #32
Unregistered
Guest Poster

Quote:
I read several reviews for this system, all praised it.
I do not! The bass is too booming low. The sound from the satellite speakers do not overlap the bass to make a smooth output of the system, which leaves out much sound from pieces of common music, much is lost to make many songs sound good. It was said to be a system good for laptops, but there are three conector plugs and I have only one on the back of my desktop and one on my laptop for a speaker system to plug into. And I was always readjusting the volume and bass knobs on the remote, which was a good satellite control unit, perhapsthe best thing about the whole system besides the black color.
I have two old satellite speakers which produce bass and they sound much better, they have better quallity sound than the x-540!
I'm boxing the x-540 and never use it again.
Besides, my 15-year-old speaker system, similar to the x-540 with only 2 small satallies, which I have always used with desktop computers, does much, much better than the x-540.
I'll keep and use my two old satellite speakers with my laptop and appreciate them more now than ever! I'll not buy Logitech again
m8 u r silly, you can change the level of bass, my sattelites work fine, and only the green sound plug from the sub is supposed to go in to the comp you goob, i give the x-540 a 10/10, i put chronicals of riddick on and i am in the movie! and my next door neighbour is getting pissed off lol, the sound quality on them is far better than my friends speakers which cost his parents £200, he wants to swap but i said no, if you actually read the manual you will seee how to ajust the sound perception, i found a great mix that sounds perfect on all pc, xbox 360, ps2 and music, up ur iq n there is no point replying to me coz this is the only time im going to come on the site

Last edited by madmat; 11-19-2007 at 07:37 AM. Reason: Let's not start a flame fest. Oh yeah I fixed the quote tags.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:35 PM   #33
Unregistered
Guest Poster

Smile send me some pictures

hey i wana buy this setup but im not to sure how i would set it u pto my pc and xbox could some send me some pictures of its setup to pc and xbox 360 i would be some thankfull, pleass send it to [email protected] and no this hotmail account name is not a joke just a stupied name thnx.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:46 AM   #34
Unregistered
Guest Poster

Default Digital

Not knowing much - i'm about to get a Creative SB Extreme X-FI Audio Card PCI-Express - peeps around the place reckon you need a digital speaker set to get the most from the soundcard?

I don't see anything written about these speakers whether or not they are able to directly receive digital input?

Your thoughts?
Old 02-23-2008, 08:29 PM   #35
On_Wisconsin
Coastermaker

I only see analog inputs on mine. BTW I'm using onboard audio from my 965P Gigabyte board and I couldn't be happier

ASUS VH242H Black 23.6" and Samsung 226BW dual monitor setup, Logitech x-540 speakers
On_Wisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 12:53 PM   #36
Blazedremedy
E.M.I.

Z5500 is gob's better and its only 120$ more.
Intel Core 2 Duo E6420 conroe 2.13 Ghz OC'ed to 3.2 on stock cooling
Thermaltake Toughpower W0172RU ATX12V 850W Power Supply
OCZ HP DDR2 Ram
SeaGate 250G HD
EVGA 9800GX2
Samsung 22" 226BW 2MS Repsonce Time
Creative Xtreme Gamer Fatality/Sound Card
Logitech Z5500 5.1/SS
Blazedremedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 04:24 PM   #37
Greg King
I just kinda show up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazedremedy View Post
only 120$ more.
The Z5500s are over three times that of the X-540. Thats like me recommending a Corvette over a Civic. No shit it's a better car, it's three times the price.

System:
Intel i5 2500K | Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4 | 16GB G.Skill DDR3 | Crucial M4 128GB SSD
WD 1TB Black x1 | WD 2TB Green x 1 | EVGA 660 Ti Superclocked | Corsair H80 Water Cooler
Fractal Design R3 | Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Dell 2410 x 3 @ 1920x1200

ESXi Host:
Intel i7 920 @ 3.0 GHz | Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P | 24GB Patriot DDR3 | WD 1TB Black x 2
Greg King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 08:59 PM   #38
dgh2007
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSynergy View Post
The Z5500s are ....
nevermind

Last edited by dgh2007; 03-07-2008 at 03:27 AM.
dgh2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 12:01 AM   #39
Unregistered
Guest Poster

Default Awesome

I first bought a set of Altec Lansing VS3251's but returned them when I heard a friends newly purchased X-540's. Big ****ing difference!
Old 03-04-2008, 12:03 AM   #40
Unregistered
Guest Poster

Default You idiot

Quote:
I first bought a set of Altec Lansing VS3251's but returned them when I heard a friends newly purchased X-540's. Big ****ing difference!
Hello people, I'm the friend. I told you so!
Old 03-04-2008, 12:06 AM   #41
Unregistered
Guest Poster

Default Know what I did?

Today I stuck my penis in a wall power outlet. It was really cool. You guys should all try it.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:33 AM   #42
Unregistered
Guest Poster

Today I stuck my penis in a wall power outlet. It was really cool. You guys should all try it.

Stupid....

I just bought this system on ebay cost me 60$ taxes and shipping included.

Afte reading all the comments I think i did a good move.

Hopefully I have a good motherboard with the HD audio 2.1/5.1/7.1 dolby option and all the plug in the back.

And for the one ho are asking if they can have de 5.1 on there x-box or on there computer ho dont have the plugs. I dont think so. But there is an option to arrange that , its not like the real one do

I play CSS and love to listen music, i was checking for a system of this kind for a long time, but being a student don't have a lot of money. The price is just perfect for me.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:11 AM   #43
Fazz
Guest Poster

I just got a set of these today. I'm mightily impressed. They replace my old worn out passive JBL speakers which on my new soundcard were a bit flat.

They sound great, sure they're not the throbbing kilowatt multi-amp system I have in the car to generate spl with, but they're amazingly flat across the whole spectrum, except maybe they tend not to extend down past about 50-60htz easily with the sub enabled. The sattelites are clean and reproduce from about 150htz all the way up really nicely. The top end isn't too brittle or ear-piercing, which is a big bonus.

The sub can tend to get a bit woolly when given waaay too much juice. Basically as you turn the system up, bring the sub down a bit so it's driving a slightly reduced linear signal. It sounds great at all volumes with that in mind.

For $107 Australian it's a great little set for a small room. It doesn't have the spread of my home theatre or the ball-busting, kidney-failing, eardrum tearing volume of my car system but they stand up and are nice and flat and clean.

9/10 from me.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:11 AM   #44
Greg King
I just kinda show up...

Glad you are happy with your purchase. Most everyone who has used them, that I have talked to, has enjoyed them thoroughly.

System:
Intel i5 2500K | Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4 | 16GB G.Skill DDR3 | Crucial M4 128GB SSD
WD 1TB Black x1 | WD 2TB Green x 1 | EVGA 660 Ti Superclocked | Corsair H80 Water Cooler
Fractal Design R3 | Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Dell 2410 x 3 @ 1920x1200

ESXi Host:
Intel i7 920 @ 3.0 GHz | Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P | 24GB Patriot DDR3 | WD 1TB Black x 2
Greg King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 01:41 PM   #45
carface
Obliviot

Hi can anyone tell me if these speakers will work with the XBOX 360 elite as that now uses an HDMI lead to connect sound an vision?
carface is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None