Latest Forum Posts

Latest News Posts
Coming Soon!
Social
Go Back   Techgage.com > Software > General Software

General Software Apple, Linux, Windows, alternative OS and software application chat here.

Old 01-21-2007, 12:40 AM   #1
moon111
Partition Master

Default Anyone using Opera?

I was absolutely loving Firefox ever since it came out. I'm not sure what happened, but Firefox started giving me all kinds of problems after one of the updates and it never worked right afterwards. I even found myself using *gasp* IE. Came across a reference to Opera which I hadn't tried in a long time. Now I'm finding it my browser of choice. Why is it I fall in products that aren't dominating the market?
moon111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 12:41 PM   #2
Enigmachine
Obliviot

Because people are idiots.

If the majority of people are idiots, they will use the product that is most marketed, not the best product.

Therefore if you're using something that nobody elses uses, it probably means you're a genius.
Enigmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 01:10 PM   #3
madstork91
The One, The Only...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmachine View Post
Because people are idiots.

If the majority of people are idiots, they will use the product that is most marketed, not the best product.

Therefore if you're using something that nobody elses uses, it probably means you're a genius.
did you say ipod?
i love my sansa e260...

On the browser note. Wii use opera. [sic]
Old 03-23-2007, 10:02 AM   #4
MacMan
Partition Master

Like you, I find Opera to be a great browser. Since my main OS is OSX Tiger, I find Omniweb to be the best of the best, even though Safari is now my main browser. I like the private browsing feature and since it is based on Konquer it is very stable.

Shiira, the new open source Japanese browser, would be better, but it is still a little unstable at this point, but oh, oh, so KOOL! (http://hmdt-web.net/shiira/en)

Also, like you, I find Firefox to be running poorer since upgrading to the latest version. Previously it was my main browser in Tiger and Ubuntu.

As for Explorer...... ARE YOU KIDDING!

Last edited by MacMan; 03-23-2007 at 10:06 AM. Reason: GRAMMER
MacMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 07:05 PM   #5
Rob Williams
Editor-in-Chief

Internet Explorer is ridiculous... IE7 was supposed to be an improvement, but I just want to pull out my hair when I use it. I refuse to update it on fresh XP installs.

That aside, Firefox does seem to be getting sluggish for me, but I have a feeling it's because I have carried over my profile with each new installation... one that's been around since before 1.0.

"Take care to get what you like, or you will be forced to like what you get!" - H.P. Baxxter
<Toad772> I don't always drink alcohol, but when I do, I take it too far.

Rob Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 07:26 PM   #6
Sapientun
Obliviot

Opera is a pretty good software, but I find its preferences menus are a bit restrictive at first sight. It's fairly fast and it's nice that it became a freeware.

I would use it, but seeing as Maxthon has the wonderful "Super Drag Drop" feature I'm sticking with the latter.

Firefox, geez, loading times were terrible for me when I save my opened tabs to be loaded again on next startup, either by the Save Session plugin or the homepage trick.
Sapientun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 01:38 PM   #7
moon111
Partition Master

One thing I wasn't fond of, is having no way through the software's options to disable the built in torrent client.

How can I disable the BitTorrent client in Opera? Go see:
http://www.opera.com/support/search/...&platformID=12
moon111 is offline   Reply With Quote