Latest Forum Posts

Latest News Posts
Coming Soon!
Social
Go Back   Techgage.com > Archives > Reviews and Articles

Reviews and Articles Discussion for Techgage content is located here. Only staff can create topics, but everyone is welcome to post.

Old 09-18-2007, 12:16 PM   #16
Unregistered
Guest Poster

Default artophwar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi there, since you're a logitech fan you must've tried their MX310 mouse, can you please tell me how does G9 compare to it comfortwise?
The G9 is a Finger mouse and it fits perfectly in your hand without your palm even touching it. Once you play with it for a short amount of time you don't even notice it. Another good note is that with it being around 1 1/2in shorter than the g5 it gives your a lot more room to move around on the mouse pad (around 15% increase.) The major difference it has over the mx310 (besides the technology) is that with the wide grip it has deep groves on both sides. This keeps the mouse from sliding out of your hand when you lift off to center it on your mouse pad. This is a critical flaw in a lot of products and makes them almost unusable by cyberatheletes.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:21 PM   #17
Unregistered
Guest Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The G9 is a Finger mouse and it fits perfectly in your hand without your palm even touching it. Once you play with it for a short amount of time you don't even notice it. Another good note is that with it being around 1 1/2in shorter than the g5 it gives your a lot more room to move around on the mouse pad (around 15% increase.) The major difference it has over the mx310 (besides the technology) is that with the wide grip it has deep groves on both sides. This keeps the mouse from sliding out of your hand when you lift off to center it on your mouse pad. This is a critical flaw in a lot of products and makes them almost unusable by cyberatheletes.
Hi, Thanks for your reply!

I guess G9 isn't really for me cause I like a mix of a palm mouse and a finger one, which MX310 is.

I found a site with G5 comparison pics if anyone is interested,
http://detail.zol.com.cn/115/114668/pic.shtml
Old 10-02-2007, 06:35 PM   #18
Unregistered
Guest Poster

Default Cordless Mouse

I like using cordless mouse. Is there any word when or if Logitech will come out with a cordless version of the G9 mouse?
Old 10-02-2007, 09:06 PM   #19
Rob Williams
Editor-in-Chief

Logitech won't speak about this, but there is little doubt that something like that will be in the works. The G5 proved to be a popular mouse, so I can't see why they would overlook a wireless version of the G9.

"Take care to get what you like, or you will be forced to like what you get!" - H.P. Baxxter
<Toad772> I don't always drink alcohol, but when I do, I take it too far.

Rob Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 05:22 AM   #20
Merlin
The Tech Wizard

I have the MX518 on one machine and the other is my old MX 1000.
The MX518 is chorded and the MX1000 is wireless whixh I like just putting it in the cradle to recharge for 20 min., to use for another week.
Someone said something about lift off?
Do you mean actually lifting it off the pad?

If so, why would you lift it up?

Merlin
GTX280 GPU watercooled
Synology NAS 207 Network Server with 2 Hitachi Terabite drives
LG NAS N2R1 with 2 ea 2 tb drives
LINKSYS PLK300 Powerline Network Kit

Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 01:57 PM   #21
MakubeX
Partition Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
I have the MX518 on one machine and the other is my old MX 1000.
The MX518 is chorded and the MX1000 is wireless whixh I like just putting it in the cradle to recharge for 20 min., to use for another week.
Someone said something about lift off?
Do you mean actually lifting it off the pad?

If so, why would you lift it up?

Merlin
To relocate it in the center of the pad without moving your cursor/crosshair.

EK Supreme | EK FC-4870X2 block | Enzotech SNBW-SLI | Swiftech MCW30 | DDC-2 w/ XSPC Top | Laing D5 | Thermochill PA120.3 | Weapon Heatercore
MakubeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 12:40 PM   #22
Unregistered
Guest Poster

I just returned from a 4 hour search around town for the G9.
Neither Best Buy or Circuit City carries the mouse in-store...and neither do 3 small custom computer-type businesses, one of which is my favorite store. I've been really looking forward to picking up this mouse, and I'm extremely disappointed that I can't find it ANYWHERE. I suppose I could order it online, however I don't have the means. I was told I could special order the mouse at Circuit City, but they could not tell me how long it would take to get here. "Could be days, could be a month" the guy said.

SO anyway, I needed a mouse badly so I went and picked up a G5...based on the weight customization and the fact that it's corded.
What a waste of money and time...
Cheap construction
Weights aren't heavy enough
Scroll wheel SUCKS.
The 2 buttons on the left side aren't as sensitive as I would like
I'm pretty picky when it comes to my mice...the G5 is a hunk of crap IMHO.

Oh sorry I'm supposed to be commenting on the G9. Ah-hemm....

So I realize the G9 isn't for everyone...but you'd think in the big town I live in that SOMEONE would carry it in a store. Seems like to me that every "gamer" I've talked to wants one...and I would assume that some store manager out there would be smart enough to take advantage of that. But no, they haven't. *grumble*

Can someone tell me why this mouse is apparently..."rare" and hard to find?!
Old 10-09-2007, 12:47 PM   #23
Unregistered
Guest Poster

^
Oh almost forgot...the reason why none of the stores had them is not because they were sold out or anything. They simply just don't carry the G9 in-store.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:24 PM   #24
Unregistered
Guest Poster

Thumbs up

Hi, I have a g9, and wow. The best mouse I have ever had. I play mohaa multiplayer, daily.
before i was top scorer 3 out of 10 rounds. Now I am top scorer 9 out of 10 rounds. Before I had a razer diamondback.
This mouse is just a very very good gaming mouse. What more would you want?
I find the smooth grip the better, can't wait for other grips to come out. Save on buying a new mouse for a new feel.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:27 PM   #25
Unregistered
Guest Poster

[QUOTE=Unregistered;17875]I've been really looking forward to picking up this mouse, and I'm extremely disappointed that I can't find it ANYWHERE. I suppose I could order it online, however I don't have the means. I was told I could special order the mouse at Circuit City, but they could not tell me how long it would take to get here. "Could be days, could be a month" the guy said.

QUOTE]

order it and wait, it will be worth it in the end.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:58 AM   #26
Unregistered
Guest Poster

I've been a Logitech user since back when when computers were made of stone and only had one button on the keyboard. I loved my MX518, and slept nightly with my G5, but the G9 may be the best mouse ever created. One thing that i have seen mentioned is the "finger mouse" no palm thing. With the old kidney bean Logitechs, you couldn't rest your fingers over the end of the mouse and still click comfortably. With the G9, the buttons extend all the way to the edge and are full width the whole way...if you want you palm on the mouse, just shift your hand up , you can still clicky clicky just fine. Seems odd I know, but I do it when my hand starts to get achey. Even without palm contact though, the "finger mouse" idea is correct. If you are a gamer (worth your salt), you shouldn't be mashing down with your palm anyway. What they have done with the design of the G9 is to make it hard to use it like a neanderthal. Good, let the cavemen get a nice big round Mac mouse
Old 05-04-2009, 05:03 AM   #27
Unregistered
Guest Poster

Also, I use a Razor Destructor pad with my G9. I threw out my 1030 Archetype, couldnt stand the hard raised edge (wore a groove in my wrist). Ok so i didn't throw it out, its in the closet, but the Destructor.....destroys it?
Old 05-05-2009, 12:44 AM   #28
Greg King
I just kinda show up...

I have been using the MX Revolution for a few months now and I honestly do not miss my MX518 at all. That was the best mouse I have ever owned, and still is, but circumstances have called for a wireless offering and this Revo is hands down amazing. It's week + battery life isn't anything to sneeze at either.

Primary:
Intel i7-5960X | ASUS X99-Deluxe | 16GB Crucial DDR4 | Intel 730 240GB SSD | Crucial M4 256GB SSD
WD 1TB Black x1 | 2 x EVGA 770 GTX Superclocked SLI | Corsair H110 Water Cooler
Corsair 750D | Windows 8.1 x64 | Dell 2410 x 3 @ 5760x1200

ESXi Host:
Intel i5 3570 | ASRock Pro4-M | 24GB Patriot DDR3 | WD 250GB | QNAP NAS iSCSI Shared Storage
Greg King is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None