Latest Forum Posts

Latest News Posts
Coming Soon!
Social
Go Back   Techgage.com > Site HQ > Site and Forum Comments & Issues

Site and Forum Comments & Issues Comments? Suggestions? Out-right flames? Found a bug? Feel free to post about it here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 04:19 PM   #16
TWLOHA
Obliviot

Oh man.. I'm excited to find out what kind of beastly GPU this beast is going to have in it.
Old 02-19-2010, 05:11 PM   #17
Altrus
Coastermaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWLOHA View Post
Oh man.. I'm excited to find out what kind of beastly GPU this beast is going to have in it.
GPUsssssssss......>S<........and the CPU, I can't wait
Old 02-19-2010, 06:16 PM   #18
Doomsday
Tech Junkie

Sweeet!
PSU: Corsair AX850 - Case: Cooler Master HAF X - CPU:Core i7-2600k - Cooler: Cooler Master V6 GT - Motherboard: Asus Z68 Maximus IV Extreme Z - Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8 GB-1600Mhz - GPU: AMD MSI R6970 Lightning - HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB, Seagate 2TB Barracuda Green - SSD: Intel 520 Series 120GB - K/B: Razer Lycosa Mirror - Mouse: Logitech G700 - MouseMat: Steel Series 4HD - LCD: Asus VG278H 27" - Speakers: Creative Inspire M4500 4.1 - Headset: Logitech G35 7.1

"Do not look at a man's prayers nor his fasts, rather, measure him by how well he deals with others, the compassion he shows his fellow man, his wisdom and his integrity" - Umar Ibn Al-Khattab

Old 02-19-2010, 10:24 PM   #19
Altrus
Coastermaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altrus View Post
GPUsssssssss......>S<........and the CPU, I can't wait
Three way Sli-GTX-295s, overclocked to a bajillion mHz, with a nitrogen based cooling pump for each card!!! AhaHAHA....haHAhahaHA....live...Live...LIiiiiiIVE! !!!!

....hrumph....I'm a...I'm sorry you had to see this...lost it their for a minutes...

But in all seriousness I really can't wait, this sounds like a great contest!
Old 02-19-2010, 11:35 PM   #20
Rob Williams
Editor-in-Chief

Haha, don't go building yourself up for a huge let-down ;-)

I can state that there will not be dual-GPU in this machine, and that was a deliberate choice. GPUs today are so powerful, that most people can't even properly push the higher-end single-GPU configurations, so in this case, dual-GPU would just be overkill. Not to mention, it would add needless cost to the winner's power bill ;-)

No dual-GPU, but trust me on one thing, our PC package will be quite unique compared to other contests you've seen before.

Thanks for all the nice comments guys, we truly appreciate the support!

"Take care to get what you like, or you will be forced to like what you get!" - H.P. Baxxter
<Toad772> I don't always drink alcohol, but when I do, I take it too far.

Old 02-20-2010, 01:36 AM   #21
Altrus
Coastermaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Williams View Post
Haha, don't go building yourself up for a huge let-down ;-)

I can state that there will not be dual-GPU in this machine, and that was a deliberate choice. GPUs today are so powerful, that most people can't even properly push the higher-end single-GPU configurations, so in this case, dual-GPU would just be overkill. Not to mention, it would add needless cost to the winner's power bill ;-)

No dual-GPU, but trust me on one thing, our PC package will be quite unique compared to other contests you've seen before.

Thanks for all the nice comments guys, we truly appreciate the support!

I figured as much, what I said plus the parts you already listed would be well over 2000 dollars((excluding the nitrogen and overclocking))...I just felt a bit imaginative...

Wait...when you say dual do you mean two separate PCI slotted cards...or anything with dual, like the 295? Just curious.....
Old 02-20-2010, 09:55 AM   #22
Rob Williams
Editor-in-Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altrus View Post
Wait...when you say dual do you mean two separate PCI slotted cards...or anything with dual, like the 295? Just curious.....
Dual-GPU on a single card is still dual-GPU and still overkill ;-)

"Take care to get what you like, or you will be forced to like what you get!" - H.P. Baxxter

Old 02-20-2010, 04:00 PM   #23
Rob Williams
Editor-in-Chief

Alright, I know we just began this PC preview a couple of days ago, but in the spirit of the weekend, let's take a brief break from the actual hardware inside the PC, to look at some of the peripherals we'll be bundling along with it.

If there's one manufacturer that's consistently produced gaming peripherals that gamers have good reason to buy, it's Logitech. For as long as there has been PC gaming, there's been Logitech, and as mentioned in the intro to this thread, the company's RumblePad 2 gamepad was the first review we ever published. Yes, Logitech had so much faith in Techgage at the beginning, that it sent us a product to review before we even had a site to show them!

Since that initial review, we've taken a look at many Logitech products, and few left us unimpressed. So, it made perfect sense to help make our gaming PC even better with the help of its products. So, what do we have?

For one, the G19 gaming keyboard, which is so feature-rich, you'll almost wonder how you stuck with that cheapie $30 model from the local brick and mortar. Sure, it's equipped with an LCD screen, but there's a lot more to it than that. For hardcore gamers, the macros are what make this keyboard heaven.

Of course, you can't have a proper gaming setup without a proper gaming mouse, and for that duty, the G9x steps up to the plate. For one, it has a wicked grip (good for sweaty gaming sessions), customizable weight, an accurate and tight scroll wheel and of course, a laser sensor for ultimate precision.

Ever play the latest and greatest PC game out there without sound? It sucks. So to avoid that from happening, Logitech has also bundled it's ultra-popular X-540 surround sound set.

Old 02-20-2010, 06:31 PM   #24
BT!
Obliviot

holy ****! this PC's gonna be a beast! i so want a g19 but damn there expensive! my g15 will have to do for now.
congratz on the 5 years
Old 02-20-2010, 07:05 PM   #25
Optix
Basket Chassis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Williams View Post
For one, the G19 gaming keyboard, which is so feature-rich, you'll almost wonder how you stuck with that cheapie $30 model from the local brick and mortar.
Hey!

...oh...

This is looking like a monster, Rob!
Old 02-20-2010, 07:26 PM   #26
Altrus
Coastermaker

I never even considered keyboards and what-not
Old 02-21-2010, 05:47 PM   #27
Rob Williams
Editor-in-Chief

To make sure this "gaming PC" is exactly that, the Logitech peripherals we exposed yesterday ensure that whomever wins our custom-build will have an incredible gaming experience. But, half of the fun of gaming is to both play online and play with precise sound, and there are two products to take care of both of these angles.

To help get our gaming PC online, TRENDnet has thrown our way its TEW-671BR wireless router. This dual-band offering can generate two networks at the same time, one at 2.4GHz and the other at 5GHz, and is fully capable of delivering incredible network performance, and the ability to stream your HD content completely without wires. Of course, for the best online gaming experience, we always recommend using a wired connection, so the wireless here should be left to the other PCs or notebooks in your house!

With the help of Logitech's X-540 surround sound speakers, you can easily immerse yourself in wall-pounding sound, but what about those times when your family threatens to kick you out to to the street? That's where Ultrasone's trendy DJ1 PRO's come into play. These closed-backed foldable headphones have a frequency range of 10Hz-22KHz, an impedence of 64 Ohm and a pressure level of 102 dB. Yes, these suckers can get loud, and because of their high build quality, you will never hear distortion at louder volume levels (but let's be realistic, these should be used as headphones, not speakers ;-)).

Old 02-21-2010, 06:41 PM   #28
CLoNi
Obliviot

Talking

Wow! This machine will be a beast Congrats for your 5 years Techgage
Old 02-21-2010, 07:59 PM   #29
Altrus
Coastermaker

....thats a lot of stuff.....

Last edited by Altrus; 02-21-2010 at 08:24 PM.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:56 PM   #30
Polytec
Obliviot

Wow! It just keeps getting better and better.

Someone is going to be an extremely happy gamer this year.
Closed Thread