Latest Forum Posts

Latest News Posts
Coming Soon!
Social
Go Back   Techgage.com > Site HQ > Site and Forum Comments & Issues

Site and Forum Comments & Issues Comments? Suggestions? Out-right flames? Found a bug? Feel free to post about it here!

Old 06-30-2010, 10:09 PM   #1
Rob Williams
Editor-in-Chief

Default PlayClaw Contest

Interested in earning a chance to win one of three licenses of PlayClaw? If so, you've come to the right place! To enter, post your answer to this simple question in this thread:

"What feature would you like to see added to PlayClaw in the future?"

Contest expires on Thursday, July 8th, at 12:00AM EST. Winners will be chosen at some point during the same day. Good luck, and don't forget to check out our full review!

"Take care to get what you like, or you will be forced to like what you get!" - H.P. Baxxter
<Toad772> I don't always drink alcohol, but when I do, I take it too far.

Rob Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 05:32 AM   #2
Forge
Obliviot

I'd like to see "hide mouse cursor" feature.
Forge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:31 PM   #3
cloud8521
Obliviot

a Internet upload feature. possibly to allow you to post directly onto you-tube or its own hosting site.
cloud8521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 04:08 PM   #4
craziplaya21
Obliviot

I don't think I remember seeing this mentioned in the review, but I would like to see a feature added that would record my microphone within ventrilo (with push-to-talk so that it won't record the microphone all the time, Fraps lacks this)
craziplaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 04:39 PM   #5
banks1990
Obliviot

Since you already have a GPU overlay, I presume adding a CPU overlay(which display every thread/core activity) wouldn't be much problem?
It might be useful to check if your CPU is able to handle the load when recording videos to ensure that gameplay is not affected that much and the recording quality is as best as it can be.
banks1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:25 PM   #6
LNCPapa
Obliviot

I'd like to see DWM windowed recording so I can record just an application window.
LNCPapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 04:58 AM   #7
tripmeter
Obliviot

How about the option or ability to record video & audio into separate files?
For example, we capture a game play, but the output is 2 files, a video & an audio file.

Why? Sometimes we may just want the audio component of the gameplay rather than the entire video, which would mean using another tool to extract out the audio component. With this option we won't have to use another tool.
tripmeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 02:03 PM   #8
Slisgrinder
Obliviot

Default PlayClaw Contest feature suggestion

Hey,

First time on TechGage and thanks again for reviewing a product I have been waiting for. I have always had issues using FRAPS for recording as it slooooowws down my computer a LOT (Specs: AMD Athlon X2 64 6000+, 6 gb of RAM, 3.5 TB of HDD, 2x 8800 Ultra in SLI and 1kW PSU).

1) The feature I would like to see in the future is to record the game in 3D if it has been enabled by the user. Because its not caught up yet, I cannot say if its going to be the industry standard for gaming but it just might be and if we are all going to be using 3D glasses and 120 Hz monitors, it would be nice to record the game footage at 120Hz 3D as well... Just a thought...

I believe YouTube will add 3D in the near future as 120Hz becomes the defacto standard for monitors...

2) Another feature that would be useful TODAY is recording and encoding YouTube friendly videos or YouTube direct upload of the videos... This could potentially save processing time when the video is uploaded to YouTube...

3) I am not sure if audio is recorded as multichannel or stereo but multichannel audio will be the future even on the internetz, so why not add it now?

4) Using the GPU for compression instead of the CPU using OpenCL. Using OpenCL and making the code open source will enable users to optimize the code???

Thankz again...

Last edited by Slisgrinder; 07-02-2010 at 02:38 PM. Reason: grammar AND another suggestion... <_<
Slisgrinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 04:44 PM   #9
Crisao23
Obliviot

First of all thanks for the review and I can say that the software is really useful and a great alternative to the old Fraps.

Some good features:

- Direct streaming of captured video

- in-game benchmarking and logging to .txt or html files

- a good addition to benchmark or overlay would be integration with free system monitoring tools like gpu-z, everest and so on (some kind of open module to integrate other apps with playclaw)
Crisao23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 06:00 PM   #10
HerrOrcman
Obliviot

I'd like to see the ability to record audio from multiple sources. I mean something like being able to record a game video with audio input from (using the Sound Blaster X-Fi as an example) the "Microphone" source as well as the "What U Hear" source. As it stands I have to make the "Microphone" source audible in the "What U Hear" source in order to record my voice, but the downside of that is that I can hear myself talking over the game audio, so multiple inputs would make that process much less awkward.
HerrOrcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:39 AM   #11
Optix
Basket Chassis

While I'm a die hard FRAPS fan this thread is some great feedback for the PlayClaw development team. Very cool.

Intel i5 3570K, MSI Z77Z-GD55, 4x2GB Kingston Genesis 2133mhz, 120GB Mushkin Chronos SSD, 1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue, Intel 210 cache drive, MSI 7850 Power Edition OC, Corsair H100, Silverstone Strider 750w Gold, Killer2100 NIC, Corsair 600T SE White, LG W2242, ROCCAT Kone+, Isku & Kave, 3TB Seagate Backup+, 200GB Western Digital Scorpio Black external drive

Optix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 02:44 PM   #12
Rob Williams
Editor-in-Chief

Die-hard or not, it's hard to ignore the fact that PlayClaw records game video so much better. For screenshots, both are almost the same (except where I mentioned that I had stall issues with FRAPS), but for benchmarking, FRAPS still has the edge given it's not an available feature in PlayClaw.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far guys, there are some good ones.

tripmeter: If you have no interest at all in the video, you could just use a tool like Audacity to record all of your audio. You could just let it run the entire time you play, and edit it later. The nice thing about Audacity is that you can save the audio to a variety of formats, so the flexibility is good.

"Take care to get what you like, or you will be forced to like what you get!" - H.P. Baxxter

Old 07-06-2010, 04:14 AM   #13
Yangster
Obliviot

Seeing how you recorded a vid w.o you even knowing about it, I'd like to see them implement an overlay much like their screenshot overlay to let you know you've started recording. I think one of those "And... ACTION!" scene board thingies they use for movies/shows might be nice. Just have that slap down for half a section.
Yangster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:46 PM   #14
Axm
Obliviot

I would find it very useful to have a three quarter size recording option.

The reason for this is that 1280x720 is a very important resolution as that is the first HD resolution on Youtube alot of people have monitors with resolutions of 16801050/19201080 which at half size does not come up to the 720p and if a three quarter size recording option would be there it would be

Im not sure if this is possible or not but it would be a very good option to have
Axm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 01:10 AM   #15
Rob Williams
Editor-in-Chief

Alright, contest over!

Our super-ultra-mega-special randomizer generated these three winners:

Yangster
Crisao23
tripmeter

Congrats!! Could the winners please PM me with their e-mail address? That's all that's required to get an activation code.

Didn't win? Don't fret... we're planning on holding lots more of these contests down the road. We'll be holding one later this month where we might just be offering up a few of a certain NZXT product we just reviewed...