Latest Forum Posts

Latest News Posts
Coming Soon!
Social
Go Back   Techgage.com > Site HQ > Site and Forum Comments & Issues

Site and Forum Comments & Issues Comments? Suggestions? Out-right flames? Found a bug? Feel free to post about it here!

Old 08-29-2010, 04:22 PM   #16
HungrySpirit
Obliviot

What is it about Mafia II that interests you the most?

If it is anything like the original game ... the things that interests me the most about Mafia II is its great story, well-acted characters and incredible action sequences.

Twitter : BirdSayTweet
HungrySpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 08:53 PM   #17
On_Wisconsin
Coastermaker

What is it about Mafia II that interests you the most?

The immersion factor. I think many video game environments are fairly "sterile" and don't feel like real life. Graphically and physics-wise we've gone far but the story aspect needs to catch up

Twitter: packman_jon

ASUS VH242H Black 23.6" and Samsung 226BW dual monitor setup, Logitech x-540 speakers
On_Wisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 01:20 AM   #18
slugbug
Partition Master

What interests me about Mafia II is the genre. It reminds me somewhat of the old Crime Story TV show of the 80's.

Twitter handle: slugbug55
Old 08-31-2010, 05:54 PM   #19
alee
Obliviot

What interests me about Mafia II is the setting. Who doesn't want a chance to make people offers that they can't refuse?

I'm @alee67 on Twitter.
alee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 06:33 PM   #20
blankname
Obliviot

What interest me about Mafia II is the very well cared history and ambientation and the complete soundtrack.

Twitter: @josemrtn
blankname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 06:45 PM   #21
Rob Williams
Editor-in-Chief

Thanks to everyone who entered this contest! The three random names we picked from our virtual hats were:

craziplaya21
blankname
Optix

I will PM each of the winners with the game code.

"Take care to get what you like, or you will be forced to like what you get!" - H.P. Baxxter
<Toad772> I don't always drink alcohol, but when I do, I take it too far.

Rob Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 08:52 PM   #22
x.clay
Obliviot

congrats!
x.clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:33 PM   #23
slugbug
Partition Master

Congrats guys!
Old 09-03-2010, 08:22 AM   #24
Optix
Basket Chassis

W00T!

I'm gonna make that game an offer it can't refuse.

Intel i5 3570K, MSI Z77Z-GD55, 4x2GB Kingston Genesis 2133mhz, 120GB Mushkin Chronos SSD, 1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue, Intel 210 cache drive, MSI 7850 Power Edition OC, Corsair H100, Silverstone Strider 750w Gold, Killer2100 NIC, Corsair 600T SE White, LG W2242, ROCCAT Kone+, Isku & Kave, 3TB Seagate Backup+, 200GB Western Digital Scorpio Black external drive

Optix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 02:23 PM   #25
Optix
Basket Chassis

I finally got around to grabbing this off of Steam since I've maxed out everything I want to do with Borderlands until they release the update that raises the cap so I figure I'd put up a mini-review after about an hour and a half of playing.

First off I fell in love with the city. Yeah, yeah. You may not be able to roam as freely as you would in good ol' Liberty City but the atmosphere is superb! You actually feel like you're back in the 40's. From the person yelling the headlines on the corner trying to sell papers to the women in their petticoats dropping their purses if you drive too close to them to the old school cars driving by to Bing Crosby belting out Let It Snow (which is a favorite of mine - that guy has the smoothest voice ever...end of story...PERIOD).

Graphically the game is very well done although there are small little things like the exhaust from your car glowing pink when you are far enough away from a red stop light that it should not be affected. There are also small things that should have been tweaked prior to releasing the game like in a cut scene where the mechanic tunes your car by putting a socket wrench on your radiator. That kind of takes a little bit of the polish out of the game. I did notice that the textures get pretty fuzzy when you get close. This happens normally in all games and maybe it's just me but these ones seemed REALLY bad and I have the graphics maxed with full AA.

Combat is pretty good with the cover system being really well done. I didn't find it clunky or cumbersome to get into cover when under fire and loved when the character slid behind a column after sprinting across an open hall way. Getting out of a fire fight is easy enough and does take some skill but getting in a fist fight is just plain silly. I could sit there with the spacebar held down and nobody can touch me until I release it.

The sound was well done with some songs by my boy Bing along with announcements about World War II being broadcast over the radio. The voiceovers are really well done and city, driving and combat sounds are rich enough to help you feel like you are in the game.

I'm sure I'll find little things here and there like the length of the game, maybe the lack of difficulty and small graphical glitches as I play but so far I'm enjoying it. Even the part where the security guards put a Texas sided hole in the back of my head.

Thanks Techgage!

***EDIT: One thing I didn't expect is that the key that I won has both of the DLC's attached to it. W00T!

Intel i5 3570K, MSI Z77Z-GD55, 4x2GB Kingston Genesis 2133mhz, 120GB Mushkin Chronos SSD, 1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue, Intel 210 cache drive, MSI 7850 Power Edition OC, Corsair H100, Silverstone Strider 750w Gold, Killer2100 NIC, Corsair 600T SE White, LG W2242, ROCCAT Kone+, Isku & Kave, 3TB Seagate Backup+, 200GB Western Digital Scorpio Black external drive

Last edited by Optix; 10-08-2010 at 10:05 AM.
Optix is offline   Reply With Quote