Latest Forum Posts

Latest News Posts
Coming Soon!
Social
Go Back   Techgage.com > Software > Gaming

Gaming Anything gaming-related can be discussed here, for PCs, handhelds and consoles.

Old 04-25-2011, 09:42 AM   #1
Tharic-Nar
Techgage Staff

Default Raptr: The Ultimate Gamers' Social Network?

When I discovered Xfire in late 2004, it felt like I had stumbled on a pot of gold. It was a chat client like no other, because it had a major focus on the PC gamer, and as a result, it quickly became a tool that millions of gamers kept in their virtual toolboxes. A social network before the term 'social network' was even recognized, Xfire did a lot right, and for the longest time had no fear of real competition.

You can read the rest of our post and discuss here.
Tharic-Nar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:53 PM   #2
Kayden
Techgage Staff

I have been using Raptr since Feb of 2010 and I like the fact you can put reviews up to recommend to your friends. I haven't used it much in my other games because the overlay kills your fps (at least it did 4 months ago I haven't looked since) and it took forever for it to update my Steam games. It is a good idea and has some bold initiatives but for the PC it falls a little flat with some of it features.
Kayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 12:54 PM   #3
SourKiD
Obliviot

If you have not already, check out another social network for gamers. It's based for more socializing and finding new gamers to play with. http://www.meetagamer.com
SourKiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:05 PM   #4
OriginalJoeCool
Tech Monkey

I have an account, too. http://raptr.com/originaljoecool

Raptr

"Man could hold the universe in his palm, if only he could learn to unclench his fist."
OriginalJoeCool is offline   Reply With Quote