Latest Forum Posts

Latest News Posts
Coming Soon!
Social
Go Back   Techgage.com > Software > Gaming

Gaming Anything gaming-related can be discussed here, for PCs, handhelds and consoles.

Old 06-24-2011, 01:56 AM   #1
Eugenio
Obliviot

Default How to transfer a saved file from one PS3 to another without problems?

I am trying to transfer a saved file from my game from one PS3 to another via a USB. While the file itself has no problem and loads on the second PS3 effectly, the PS3 says that saved file does not belong to you therefore you can only play on it but cannot save over it OR save it as another file on the new PS3. Any way to solve this problem? Please help. Thanks!
Eugenio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 12:48 PM   #2
Tharic-Nar
Techgage Staff

That's the game being difficult... plenty do that... you can't transfer the file directly, you have to use the backup utility in the system settings somewhere. You save the backup of the game data and then transfer it that way to a new PS3. It's silly and absurd, but that's the only way I know of.
PSU: Corsair 1000HX - Case: Thermaltake Xaser VI Full Tower - CPU: Intel Core i7 2600 @3.8GHz - Cooler: Thermaltake FRIO - Motherboard: ASUS P67 Sabertooth - Memory: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP Arctic 1600 - GPU: 2x AMD Radeon HD 5870 - HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB 6Gb/s - Audio: ASUS Xonar DX + Corsair HS1 USB Headset

K/B: Corsair K90 - Mouse: Corsair M60 - Monitor: DELL U2410 - Speakers: Corsair SP2500 - Headset: Corsair HS1A - Mic: Blue Yeti USB Microphone

- I need Fiber to fix my Irregular Bandwidth Syndrome -
Tharic-Nar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:20 PM   #3
Kayden
Techgage Staff

I have heard of this before and for the life of me I do not know what third party program my friend had to use to get it to work. I know he had to hook up both drives in his PC to make a that happen, because he didn't want to mess around with hacking his PS3. If you are willing to install those into your PC I'm sure a quick Bing or Google search will help you find a utility that will do what you need, use at you're own risk though. (c;

To mitigate that sort of risk I usually try to find utilities that have youtube videos or very active forum boards and doing research into the kinds of problems others have run into with it, if there's a pattern and they don't fix it I usually move on. I have no personal experience with any program for a console to move save files around so sorry I can't be any more help, but hopefully this points you in the right direction.
Koolance PC4-1036BK Liquid Cooled Aluminum Full Tower Case (Upgraded to displace 1320watt of heat) - Koolance 360 ver 1.2 CPU Water Block - PrimoChill ICE Non-Conductive Fluid - Asus P6X58D Premium - Intel I7 950 - Evga GTX580 FTW Hydro Copper 2 x2 in SLI - Tt SMART M1200W PSU - Kingston HyperX 12GB 1600 XMP - Klipsch 5.1 THX Cert Speakers - Sata II OCZ Vertex 4 128GB, Kingston 120GB SV300, WD 2TB, & 320GB - Seagate 1TB - Cyborg RAT 7 MMO Mouse - Logitech G19 - Logitech G13 Gameboard - 1-over-3 Viewsonic's VA2448M-LED 24-Inch for Nvidia Surround - Ergotech Triple Horizontal LCD Monitor Arm Desk Stand

Kayden is offline   Reply With Quote